Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Trip to Heligoland!

Heligoland is Germany's only deep-sea island and it attracts a whole bunch of rarities every year. Especially in the migration period there's a very high chance to find a rare bird and furthermore Heligoland is the only breeding place of pelagics in Germany.
Therefore I absolutely wanted to go to Heligoland already 1 year ago, but in fact I didn't go...
But this year I'll go and chase for pelagics and rarities. I'm missing 22 species in Germany to get my Germany list this year on 200 species. With the help of Heligoland I think might be possible to be done.
The trip will be from 13th of October until the 16th, which is about the best time for rarities. I have big hopes and I'm already very anxious, so I look on this page almost daily, where the recent rarities are uploaded...

No comments:

Post a Comment