Friday, September 23, 2011

Rutting season

The rutting season as begun for the Red Deer, therefore I now always hear them when I'm in the Brook, last time I went I did also manage to see a few.
There were also some nice other animals, for example 2 Common Shrews, which were new for me, aswell as the Common Blue Damselflies, which I finally could identify for sure. I'm quite sure, I saw them before, but I never tried to hard to get a picture and I didn't pay to much to the blue-coloured Damselflies, since I was missing only this blue species for a complete list of the blue-coloured ones...
I found a new area species for me, as a group of about 60 Wigeons was swimming and feeding on a lake, near to the Brook.
I found another Tawny Owl, then the one I saw last time. It's the Tawny Owl on the cementary and it's the easiest owl in the region, eventhough it may sometimes disappear for a few days.
I saw a White-tailed Eagle, like almost always in the Brook...
...that made those 3 Great Egrets fly out of there cover. Another new area species for me.
Another bird of prey I saw was this Honey-Buzzard, I'm seeing them quite often in the last time
This Crane family had I seen already twice before, ...
...whilst I only had heard from this Crane family until I saw it for the first time that day.
Nice day...

No comments:

Post a Comment