Friday, September 16, 2011

Tawny Owl and tame passerines

Today I went to the Duvenstedter Brook in hope of some migrants and I got some: 4 Wheatears, tons of Chiffchaffs and a quite early male Siskin. Other good birds were 6 Cranes, 6 Stonechats, 2 Middle Spotted Woodpeckers, 2 Ravens and 1 Goshawk. Other nice animals were 1 Hare, 4 Fallow Deers and I heard the bellowing of a male Red Deer, which are now coming into their rutting season.

The Chiffchaffs and a young Robin were very confiding, they seemed almost tame and so I got some nice pics:

But the bird of the day nevertheless was this Tawny Owl that was being mobbed by some songbirds and fled into a barn and soon after came back out and sat in this window through which it had flown in. It was at eye-level and quite close. I love owls and hadn't thought of finding one in midst of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment