Friday, October 15, 2010

Back home

Well now I'm home again, already since 2 months and I'm still searching for animals in Germany. The first bird I got to see when I was back in Europe was a Magpie, in the second night I was here I already got to see my first hedgehog and during those two month I grew my list to already 108 bird-species and 10 mammal-species. I added many new birds I hadn't seen the 15 years before, like Common Ravens, my personal favourite the Hawfinch, and even a new mammal species was added to my list, eventhough only a tiny Bank Vole (a mouse).
-----------------------------------------
I was just looking outside the window, where I got to see some interesting birds in just a few minutes. First of all I got to see a group of Eurasian Siskins, just in front of my window, then 9 Song (or Mistle?) Thrushes flew by followed by 6 Starlings. A Greater Spotted Woodpecker called on top of a tree and a Sparrowhawk chased a Magpie. This was the first time I'd seen that! Cool
-----------------------------------------
From now on I will report from Germany, where the wildlife is probably not as interesting as in Ecuador, but it can be as exciting to see a new or rare species as it was in South America...
And maybe there will be a vacation or a day trip to some near place or even a holiday to another country...

No comments:

Post a Comment