Thursday, August 25, 2011

14 White Storks

Two days ago, when I opened my window, I saw a group of big birds rise into the sky. I immediatly grabbed my bins, that stand always just by the window I identified them to be 14 White Storks. I haven't seen any Stork from my yard yet, so this was really exciting!
I then grabbed my camera, turned it on and focused on the Storks. In the approximately 5-7 seconds I needed for this the storks were already disappearing behind some trees and I only got 2 shots, of which one is above.

The sky was really nice at that moment and so i decided to photograph this instead. Some 3 minutes later a thunder storm began. I guess the storks were resting on a horse ranch nearby, some 700m away from my house. They felt the thunderstorm was coming and so they took flight...

No comments:

Post a Comment