Friday, January 28, 2011

A little tour through my area


Yesterday I made a little tour my area, covering like half of it and I was rewarded with great birds. Though I didn't see a single new bird, I saw very interesting birds. For example I saw my 2nd Middle Spotted Woodpecker and could add it to my area list. I saw my second Northern Pintail ever and this time it was the much more beautiful male. I saw the Green Woodpecker for the first time this year and 4 Goldfinches for the first time in Germany (and my area). For the third time I got to see a Hawfinch, a Long-tailed Tit ssp. caudatus, and other cool birds were 4 Bramblings, a Goldcrest a total of 10(!) Grey Herons and the second sighting this year of a Mute Swan.
It was a really cool day to resume it, eventhough I couldn't feel my fingers and feet after it.
The Middle Spotted Woodpecker
A Cackling Goose?

The Northern Pintail
The Mute Swan
A Grey Heron
7 Grey Herons!
A Short-toed Treecreeper
A female Bullfinch
A Rook
A Fieldfare

No comments:

Post a Comment