Wednesday, December 21, 2011

No birding today :-(

Well, I forgot about how long I have school on Wednesday and how early it gets dark in the winter. Today was the shortest day of the whole year and since I had school until 3PM it made no sense to go search for the Velvet Scoters. Before I would have found them the light would have been already gone. I hope I get to try for them on Friday...

Well let me tell you about a project I'm working on at the moment: To get a better grade in biology classes I am writing a less or more scientific study about the winter birds of the Duvenstedter Brook. As you may know the Duvenstedter Brook is an area where I go often birding and as winter was coming I decided to examine the birds to be found there during the winter.
I'm examining all bird species reported since 1993 during the time from September 21st until March 21st.
I haven't got too much yet, because I didn't have any time for it until a few days ago, but now I'm starting with it and hopefully I get a good grade for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment