Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I WANT TO GO BIRDING!

In the last month I have been out for birding only once (Long-eared Owl on my bday) and I don't think you could even really call this birding. It was rather twitching, but not the birding I enjoy doing normally: Go to a nice area and then drive around there with my bike and stopping always when there's something that looks interesting and thus finding many interesting birds.
Eventhough I tried to turn that twitch into something similar it just wasn't since i had no bike and was very slow (in my opinion) and the area I was in, wasn't that interesting. And the main goal of that day wasn't to find interesting birds, but to see an interesting that had already been found by many people before. So you can not really call that short trip a birding trip; thus i haven't been birding for over one month!!!
The school is just killing me the laast weeks (not really, because I'm still quite relaxed, but at least I don't have enough time so i could go out for a whole day and bird).

I WANT TO GO BIRDING!!! Thankfully in a few days christmas arrives and there's almost two weeks of no-school. Hopefully I'll get out a few times.

On the Außenalster (a big lake in the middle of Hamburg) there have been reported 2 (maybe even 5) Velvet Scoters that I'll try to find tomorrow, eventhough this will quite ressemble my Long-eared Owl trip.
But I'd be glad to at least come out of my house and maybe get a new lifer...

No comments:

Post a Comment