Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Duvenstedter Brook; second time


Last friday I went to the Duvenstedter Brook another time, as a Great Grey Shrike had been recorded there in the last days. And so I tried my luc and first found the 2 Whooper Swans from last time, 1 male Goldeneye and a Merganser pair. When I started my tour through the "plains" I was greated by a pair of Middle Spotted Woodpeckers, together with a pair of Greater Spotted Woodpeckers. After taking some pictures I moved on and found a group of 11 Fallow Deers and another 5 hopping away. Also was there a Roe Deer. Other interesting birds I saw were 3 Goldcrests, at least 14 Ravens, 4 Buzzards, some Rooks and some Jackdaws. And then finally I found the Great Grey Shrike sitting on top of a tree, but very far away. Therefore not much is recognizible on the picture... But I saw it and that's what counts. It even flew off its perch to hunt for mice, but as it didn't find anything it had just given me cool views of it flying...




No comments:

Post a Comment