Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Nemesis reptile

Yesterday I went to the Duvenstedter Brook in hope of getting a shot of a Woodcock, which are displaying at this time of year. I got to see one, but didn't get any shot, because it just flew over and it was already much too dark for a shot without flash. Apart from that there are also Corn Crakes and Quails calling for the last days, and I even got to see the back of a quail. But the non-bird highlights for the last night were much more cooperative: My absolute nemesis-reptile, 2 Common European Adders, and another wish-reptile, 1 Slow Worm lay on the way just after dawn, profiting from the higher temperature there. There were also two Roe fawns and 1 Fallow Deer calf with their families. Also did the Cranes have success with one youngster.
I love the Duvenstedter Brook!

No comments:

Post a Comment